Send custom accounting packet on login

Julius Plenz plenz at cis.fu-berlin.de
Mon Sep 8 17:30:40 CEST 2014

Hi,

whenever a user successfully logs in, I want to send a custom
accounting packet with derived information to a server. Is there a way
to do that from the config directly?  I have searched for some time
now but couldn't find anything like that... Right now I'm using a
script that uses the "Authen::Radius" Perl module, but I want to get
rid of this solution.

If there's no built-in mechanism, my plan would be to write a module
that uses libfreeradius.so's library functions (and already
initialized dictionaries etc.) to create a queue, send a packet etc.
-- are there any problems with this approach? Functions like
fr_packet_list_create(), rad_send(), fr_packet_list_recv() etc. are
all reentrant, aren't they?

Any hints are appreciated. Thanks!

Julius