Want to include LDAP group information in Access-Accept message

Justin Michael Schwartzbeck justinmschw at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 16:22:02 CEST 2014

Hello,

I am set up FreeRadius for LDAP authentication. I know that you can
configure so that when Access-Accept message is sent, you can have custom
attributes, using a dictionary file. I am wondering if I can set up
FreeRadius to send back the LDAP groups that a user is a member of.
Authentication with LDAP should use the username. Is it possible to get
FreeRadius to query the LDAP server to find the groups associated with that
username, then send this group list back to the connecting user in the
Access-Accept message? Will this require a plugin? Can someone give me some
guidance on how to do this?

Thank you,
-Justin