dynamic-clients supporting CDIR entries in v3

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sat Sep 13 02:22:56 CEST 2014

Kev Pearce wrote:
> (0)     FreeRADIUS-Client-Shortname = "128.0.0.0/1"

  That's just a name, a string.  It's not an IP address.  It could be
"foo" instead of "128.0.0.1/1".

> So it's adding the client by just its single source IP address, not the CIDR
> network it gets from SQL.

  The single source address is stored in the attribute
FreeRADIUS-Client-IP-Address.  Which is an IP address, not a CIDR.

> So how do you setup the dynamic-clients server fields to load the CIDR
> network entry?

  Right now you don't.  That code has to be written.

> If I set FreeRADIUS-Client-IP-Address to anything other than the source IP
> address of the packet (here it's set to nasname), I get an unknown client
> error:

  Yes.  There is no "FreeRADIUS-Client-IP-Prefix" attribute.

  It's probably not hard to add.  But it still has to be done.

> Also, can or would it be would it be possible, for radmin to show the
> virtual server that a client is associated with?

  With some changes... that code is in src/main/command.c.  :)