ntlm_auth fails for usernames that contain underscores

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Sep 17 02:16:56 CEST 2014

Joshua Essar wrote:
> So, I get the following when the user has an underscore in the name
>
> ntlm_auth --username="ipad_user"
> Password:
> NT_STATUS_INVALID_WORKSTATION: Invalid workstation (0xc0000070)

  That is an error returned by Active Directory, or Samba.  Not FreeRADIUS.

> I have been unable to find anything useful online. Any help is appreciated.
> Here is the full debug output

  Try running the ntlm_auth command manually.  That's why it's printed
in the debug output.  So you can cut & paste it into a terminal.

  You'll have to manually piece together the command line, but that's
just a matter of a few minutes of editing.

  If the command fails when you runn it manually, then it isn't a
FreeRADIUS problem.