Does freeradius support considering a session as ended if enough accounting packets are missed?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Sep 22 21:23:33 CEST 2014

Erik Andersen wrote:
> (I've upgraded to 3.04 since asking this question, and built a script
> that finds, using MySQL, stuff that has missed a few interim updates,
> and then fakes an end of session accounting packet using radclient).

  If it's useful... contribute it back.

> If I'm using the radacct table in MySQL, do I sradutmp/radutmp to still
> have concurrent sessions checks?

  You don't need radutmp for concurrent session checks.

> Also, is there somewhere that lists what variables are available for the
> SQL queries? I'd like to collect the Framed-IPv6-Prefix (and when our
> NAS's eventually get support for sending it, Delegated-IPv6-Prefix).

  Any attribute is allowed in SQL queries.  But... the attribute has to
exist in a RADIUS packet, OR have it's value set via an "update"
statement, other module, etc.

  There are no magical limitations on attributes in SQL queries.  In
version 3, if the server starts, the SQL query is fine.  If the server
doesn't start, you've referenced an attribute which doesn't exist.