Module Statistics in freeradius

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Sep 25 18:12:44 CEST 2014

Himanshu Pandey wrote:
> I am a bit confused right now.

  You keep changing what you're asking for.

  The server already keeps track of total packet counts for
Access-Request, Access-Accept, etc.

  The server does NOT keep track of statistics for module return codes.

  The server already keeps track of total packet counts for clients,
listeners, and home servers.

  The server does NOT keep track of statistics (anything) per module.

> You mean to say that if suppose I want
> the number of authorize request that were OK,UPDATED,FAILED,HANDLED or
> REJECTED to be printed then I can use the radmin. Since the server DOES
> keep track of statistics per listener.  And prints them out.
>
> Is it correct?

  No.  If you run the "help" command from radmin, you will see what it's
keepings statistics for.  If you run the appropriate statistics command,
you will see which statistics it keeps.

  It's that easy.  You should try it, rather than asking confusion
questions on the list.  All of the answers are ALREADY in front of you.