Refresh interval for end users devices

Rando Nakarmi randonakarmi at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 13:41:28 CEST 2014

Hi,

I have a two devices, one phone and a windows 7 machine.

I can  connect to my my both devices with wireless and get authenticated
with freeradius. (this is great)

But I am noticing that every time devices refresh it actually
re-authenticate which I can see int the radius logs.

For example, my phone got connected - authenticated, then i locked the
phone, after a while  I open the phone, when it re-scan the network it
actually sends the authentication request- gets re-authenticated.

Is there a way, it only authenticates once, if you are in same wireless
access point ? I meant, when device re-scans the network and if you are
with the same Wireless access point not to send the auth request to the
server over and and over ?

Thanks,