Conflicting Packet

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Wed Apr 8 06:03:43 CEST 2015

On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 10:55 AM, battossai <battossai at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> I've seen a lot from the archive that this error :
>
> *Wed Apr  8 10:39:43 2015 : Error: Discarding duplicate request from client
> ZIGY port 52824 - ID: 197 due to unfinished request 1182*
>
> *Wed Apr  8 10:39:43 2015 : Error: Discarding conflicting packet from
> client ZIGY port 40402 - ID: 199 due to recent request 1184.*
>
> *Wed Apr  8 10:39:43 2015 : Error: Discarding conflicting packet from
> client ZIGY port 48586 - ID: 201 due to recent request 1186.*
>
> *Wed Apr  8 10:41:43 2015 : Error: Received conflicting packet from client
> ZIGY port 49888 - ID: 239 due to unfinished request 1226.  Giving up on old
> request.*
>

> was cause by an slow database or slow machine.
> Can i have a clue how to trace it out, because i don't know which table
> shoud be lood regagrading ID or request number.
>
> Is it posibble what should i do about slow database, how we measure it.

Short version: hire a competent dba.

Long version:
learn about database performance monitoring and tuning, especially about
- how to determine the "cost" of a query (e.g. "explain", mysql slow query
log, etc)
- maintaining table size for acceptable performance

my GUESS is that you have a huge radacct table, in which case purging old
records would help. However that might not be acceptable if you have some
services that depends on it (e.g. user data/time quota), in which case
you'd have to do some additional steps first (e.g. design new table
structure and queries to use some kind of "summary" accounting records)

--
Fajar