sql - best practices

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Apr 9 15:06:13 CEST 2015

On Apr 9, 2015, at 7:18 AM, Marcin <marcin at nicram.net> wrote:
> there is in config "delete_stale_sessions = yes"
> from where radius know that is stale sessions? some other programs do I
> have to run?

  See the comments for "delete_stale_sessions".  It's run when you set Simultaneous-Use, and the "checkrad" program sees that a session is stale.

  FreeRADIUS is NOT a "cron" system.  It doesn't run period jobs.  It doesn't clean up SQL.  It's a RADIUS server.  Nothing more.

> There is in documentation that to keep online sessions users in one table
> and history seesions in other table. How to achieve it from freeradius?

  You need to understand SQL, and configure it yourself.  The people who wrote that document did NOT contribute any patches back to FreeRADIUS.  So... the default configuration doesn't have that capability.