Freeipa and Freeradius integration

KL Forwarder kl.forwarder at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 16:08:33 CEST 2015

On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 3:27 PM, Arran Cudbard-Bell
<a.cudbardb at freeradius.org> wrote:

>> (0) WARNING: ldap : No "reference" password added. Ensure the admin
>> user has permission to read the password attribute
>> (0) WARNING: ldap : PAP authentication will *NOT* work with Active
>> Directory (if that is what you were trying to configure)
>
> It's almost like this had happened before :)

I saw that indeed ;).

I now added the admin user in the ldap config file now. It was
complaining before (wrong dn), but it is starting now. I assume that
the user I set is correct then ("identity =
"uid=admin,cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=companyname,dc=local"), with the
admin password.
Problem is I still get:

(0) WARNING: ldap : No "reference" password added. Ensure the admin
user has permission to read the password attribute
(0) WARNING: ldap : PAP authentication will *NOT* work with Active
Directory (if that is what you were trying to configure)

How can I test if the password is correct? And are there references I
can use (maybe a good general "Freeradius-ldap" guide?). Thanks so
far,
/kl