Alternative to ClientLogin for Google Apps authentication?

Daniel Smith danielesmith at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 16:13:05 CEST 2015

On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 9:46 AM, Herwin Weststrate
<herwin at quarantainenet.nl> wrote:
> On 16-04-15 15:42, Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:
>> Don't bother with 2.1.12. If it still occurs in a more recent version, then run it
>> under valgrind and/or gdb.
>
> It's actually a known bug in 2.1.12, fixed with
> https://github.com/alandekok/freeradius-server/commit/ecb3cd1dbedb764ab98532dae5e0b5bfc9571b00
>
> Running single-threaded also prevents the problem.

I would very much prefer to upgrade, however as of right now I don't
have that option. Frustrating to say the least. ClientLogin is being
deprecated this Monday, so I need to keep authentication going as a
priority, then look at upgrades later.

I just tried the -t option in our sandbox, and it runs perfectly. I
googled around but couldn't find the implications of this - increased
overhead? Or just slightly increased response time due to requests
queueing up instead of executing concurrently? Right now we only
service 20 or so requests per minute, so I'm not too concerned about
performance.

Thanks for the help.