how to setup MAC based authentication with LDAP

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Apr 17 14:42:37 CEST 2015

On Apr 17, 2015, at 7:38 AM, brendan kearney <bpk678 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have looked at the radtest script and there is no mention of "calling"
> anything (case insensitive search done), so I seem to be missing a clue as
> to what I should be looking for in the script.  The man page for radclient
> also does not contain the "calling" keyword.

  That is not an appropriate response.

  RADIUS uses attributes.  If you're not aware of this, then that's a major problem.

  radclient / radtest sends attributes.  The server receives attributes.  The server ONLY receives what radclient sends.  If you want the server to receive a Calling-Station-Id attribute, you MUST make radclient send it.

  Honestly, I don't see what the problem is.  I explained this in one of the earlier messages in this thread.  Go back and read it.