802.1x with Cisco wireless controller

Mohammad H. Al Shami mshami at tagorg.com
Sun Apr 19 16:38:54 CEST 2015

Hi all,

I have been asked to integrate our Cisco WLC2504 wireless controller with Active Directory through LDAP. It is currently working well with Microsoft's radius server.

For some reason while running radiusd -X, I can see the requests coming from the access controller but nothing happens after a "Sent Access-Challenge" message. But if I wait some time without doing anything, the authentication works.

What is puzzling me is the fact that the connection sometimes works but not always, also, I got a TP-Link running OpenWRT and set up WiFi to work with the same radius setup. It works properly.

Am I missing anything guys?

Here are the client sections for both

client cisco {
        ipaddr = 192.168.0.240