Freeradius 3.0.7 and multiple buffered-sql servers - detail file issues

Rygl Aleš ales at rygl.net
Mon Apr 20 22:16:28 CEST 2015

Hello Alan,

I am able to run the following setup recommeded by you, thanks.

accounting {
        redundant {
                sql
                detail

It looks good so far (~1000 req/s). The failover to the detail file is very
fast (tested with LOCK - sleep - UNLOCK table). Really cool.
I am in test environment and I am trying to tune the pool of sql connections
in order to avoid failover now.

It would be IMHO useful if the server logs a warning that it is doing failover
to a file or another instance in the redundant section. Would it be possible
to add something like this? It's just something nice to have.

Thanks
Ales