How to find if the LDAP server is not rechable

Adarsha S s.adarsha at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 07:17:16 CEST 2015

Thanks for the help Alan.
But the other_database I'm holding is just a simple C-language hash table
which is unknown to free radius process.

So I've a logic where based on the result obtained from free-radius I'll
have to proceed to query my local database which is a simple hashing table.
If I get same response from free-radius for not reachability and wrong
credentials , I wont be able to proceed to lookup local database because
only when ldap server is not reachable I should proceed for local data base.

So I need a logic where in free radius returns different error messages.
Please guide me in the same.

Thanks,
Adarsha