802.1x with Cisco wireless controller

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Apr 21 16:14:35 CEST 2015

On 21/04/15 15:04, Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:

>> On 21 Apr 2015, at 14:53, Mohammad H. Al Shami <mshami at tagorg.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Arran,
>>
>> Sorry for the previous question, but your reply said the problem
>> was with my access controller and you recommended I replace it.
>
> There have been enough issues with Cisco wireless controllers and
> RADIUS that Alan's response wasn't unjustified.

Honestly, they're no worse or better than any other NAS I've used; most
vendor equipment is fairly crappy in one fashion or another.

I would bet the OP is running into either radio-side issues e.g.
"blacklist bad hosts for X seconds" or connectivity between the NAS and
radius server.

But the general point is: yes, he must have some sort of local problem,
because loads of people use Cisco WLC and FreeRADIUS successfully.
There's no special trick - just set it up right and it goes.