802.1x with Cisco wireless controller

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Apr 21 16:43:39 CEST 2015

On Apr 21, 2015, at 10:31 AM, Mohammad H. Al Shami <mshami at tagorg.com> wrote:
> That's exactly what I did. I started from a fresh FreeRadius setup and reconfigured the controller from scratch. I back up every working step and when I fix something, I revert to the previous copy and make only the required changes, and back up again. I have an OpenWRT router authenticating against my FreeRadius server with no issues what so ever.
>
> When trying to connect using the Cisco access controller 9 times out of 10 I get a "Can't connect to this network" error. With OpenWRT, it's working 100%.

  Try looking at ALL of the traffic.  Use a test PC.  Compare the traffic PC <-> AP to the traffic AP <-> RADIUS.  Is the Access-Challenge getting converted to an EAP packet back to the PC?

  i.e. Find out WHERE the problem is located.  Just poking the AP / RADIUS config won't help.  You have to follow each packet through the network, and see exactly where it goes wrong.  And which piece of the network goes wrong.