Groups Configuration

Ricardo LarraƱaga ricardo.larranaga at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 22:08:04 CEST 2015

Hi Guys:
I did compile 3.0.8 and test this same scenario, and it looks like my issue
persists. I am wondering if this is a problem with freeradius or if i might
be doing something wrong, or maybe not understanding the functionality.Thus
the following questions:

-If i set Fall-Through=Yes , And set a User-Profile in radreply for a
specific user, should the server automatically check for attributes in
radgroupreply that are in the group that the profile is member? Or is there
any extra configuration needed?

-Do i need radgroupcheck attributes? Or having a User profile is enough to
retrieve radgroupreply attributes even with an empty radgroupcheck list?

-I was browsing the queries.sql file (i am using postgresql). I found the
querie that looks for user/group membership:

group_membership_query = "\
        SELECT GroupName \
        FROM ${usergroup_table} \
        WHERE UserName='%{SQL-User-Name}' \
        ORDER BY priority"

I was expecting to find a query like that that would look for User-Profile
Membership.Something like :

group_membership_query = "\
        SELECT GroupName \
        FROM ${usergroup_table} \
        WHERE UserName='%{*SQL-User-Profile*}' \
        ORDER BY priority"

This is what makes me thing that i might not be understanding the
functionality properly.  Without a query like that, how can the server
known if a User-Profile is member of a group

I just don't see the server querying for the User Profile group membership.
Any help would be appreciated.
Regards