Aborted when seeing Failing proxied request

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Apr 28 16:15:56 CEST 2015

On Apr 28, 2015, at 12:47 AM, Lai Fu Keung <tfklai at hku.hk> wrote:
> With the new version 3.0.8 running on our environment, I would say the problem is just slightly improved. Freeradius crashes from "several times an hour" in v3.0.7 to "once every several hours" in v3.0.8, after seeing "Proxy: Marking home server x.x.x.x as zombie (it has not responded in 30.000000 seconds)" message.

  That's better, but not very good.

> We have more than 10 radius home servers configured. Some of them are quite busy servers and I understand that sometimes they may respond slowly or even do not respond to the proxied requests. I am not familiar with the logic inside freeradius. But can freeradius at least not to abort itself when handling proxy servers with no response.
>
> Sorry that I can't configure our production home servers in our testing environment to debug freeradius. But anything else I can do??

  See "panic_action" in radiusd.conf.  You can get panic logs without running "radiusd -X".  PLEASE first install the debugging symbols, so that the gdb logs are useful.

  You probably want to set:

	panic_action = "gdb -silent -x ${raddbdir}/panic.gdb %e %p > ${logdir}/gdb-${name}-%p.log 2>&1"

  And then send the logs to the list, or to me off-list.