EAP-sim using freeradius

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Aug 12 09:19:52 CEST 2015

On Aug 11, 2015, at 11:38 PM, Siddharth Katragadda via Freeradius-Users <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org> wrote:
> I had a question about EAP-SIM. We previously got EAP-SIM to work on the
> Free-radius version 2.  But once we upgraded to 3.0,  we saw the
> rlm_sim_files has been deprecated and now we need to use rlm_passwd.

  Or anything else.  The passwd module can read simple files, which is pretty much what sim_files did.

> 2. Changed passwd file under mods-enabled:
> passwd passwd {
> filename = /usr/local/etc/raddb/simtriplets.dat
> format = "*User-Name:User-Password"

  That won't work.  You need to make sure that the data file is formatted in a way the "passwd" module likes.  Then, ensure that the "format" string for the passwd module reads the SIM triplets from the correct field.

  Here, you've told it to "look up User-Name, and get the User-Password" from the file.  That clearly isn't what you want.

  So... read the passwd documentation, and fix the "format" line to have the names of the SIM triplet attributes.