radiusd exits on signal 6

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Wed Aug 12 19:11:45 CEST 2015

Zeus Panchenko wrote:
> is it intentional behaviour?
>
> FR v.3.0.9 configured with LDAP, exiting on signal 6 when more than one
> user comply with filter ... I expected log file error or warning record
> but not exit ...
>
> ---[ `radiusd -X | tee /tmp/radiusd-X.log' output quotation start ]---
> (1) files: Waiting for search result...
> (1) files: ERROR: Ambiguous search result, returned 2 unsorted entries (should return 1 or 0).  Enable sorting, or specify a more restrictive base_dn, filter or scope
> (1) files: ERROR: The following entries were returned:
> (1) files:   ERROR: uid=rad-visitor,authorizedService=802.1x-eap-tls at xyz,uid=jdoe,ou=People,dc=xyz
> Assertion failed: (entry != NULL), function ldap_next_entry, file getentry.c, line 48.
> zsh: abort      radiusd -X |
> zsh: done       tee /tmp/radiusd-X.log

> and what sorting it means? I didn't find any sorting related option in ldap module config

The search operation for your LDAP parameters returned more than one search
result and FreeRADIUS does not know which one to choose.

Being in your situation I'd try to look at the LDAP server's or radiusd's log
to find about the exact LDAP search filter/base/scope used and whether that
meets your expectations.

Ciao, Michael.