User-Name missing realm in Access-Accept

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Aug 12 20:48:55 CEST 2015

Hi,

> Thanks for the advice. I know the version is a little old. I am waiting for 3.1 final before doing an overhaul.

3.0.x is the current supported released - 3.1.x is developmental/experimental..... it likely wont become 'final' ,
the next stable version probably being 3.2.x

> That did not have the desired effect. Did I misunderstand?

you'll need to look at the debug mode for a client (use radmin to turen on full debug for just one
calling-station-Id to see what is happening to each attribute through the authentication, then
you can see if you need to use request:User-Name or just User-NAme etc.  you could also
assign a temporary attribute to the request as it comes in and use that if you are doing things
with the User-Name

alan