2 Independent MYSQL schemas for 2 independent groups of users

Timmy moonyhk at netscape.net
Thu Aug 13 08:31:57 CEST 2015

>> I have gone through many information but none of them tells which file
>> or conf are responsible for 2 independent sql instances.
> You use the sql.conf file in /etc/raddb - Make a copy of it, call it... sql-instance2.conf.
>
> In sql-instance2.conf, modify the "sql {" line to say "sql sqlinst2 {"
>
> Tweak it to fit your second instance.
>
> In radiusd.conf, search for the line "$INCLUDE sql.conf" (it should be uncommented). Duplicate the line, change the second one to "$INCLUDE sql-instance2.conf".
>
> In the second virtual server, instead of 'sql', use 'sqlinst2'.
>
> That should do it.
>
> :-)
>
> Stefan Paetow

Dear Stefan,
Thanks for your valuable hints.
I follow your direction and I find that there are still other conf which
may involve multiple sql instances.

 1. In radiusd.conf, should I also duplicate each of this for a separate
    sql instance?
    $INCLUDE sql/mysql/counter.conf
    $INCLUDE sqlippool.conf

 2. In file sql/mysql/counter.conf, there are lines
    sqlcounter dailycounter {
        sqlmod-inst = sql
    }
    So do I have to replace the sql entry with sqlinst2 etc?

 3. In file sqlippool.conf, there are lines
    sqlippool {
     sql-instance-name = "sql"
    }
    So do I have to replace this with sqlinst2 etc?

 4. In the sites-available/default or virtual-server file, there is an entry
    sqlippool
    How should I handle this to match a multiple mysql instances scenario?

Yours Faithfully,
Timmy