[LDAP] User-Profile assigned only if set in user attr radiusProfileDn

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Sun Aug 16 19:38:37 CEST 2015

> On 16 Aug 2015, at 13:31, Zeus Panchenko <zeus at ibs.dn.ua> wrote:
>
> Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:
>>> assigned. If not true, the specified User-Profile is not assigned.
>>
>>  That's done when the "ldap" module is run in the "authorize" stage.
>>  It is NOT done when you manually tell the server to do an LDAP-Group
>>  check.
>
> where are the conditions for that check should then be defined?
>
> I hoped to set:
>
> radiusCheckItem='Called-Station-SSID == ABC'
> radiusReplyItem='User-Profile=cn=userprofile1,ou=profiles,ou=RADIUS,dc=xyz'
>
> in user's LDAP object, but it doesn't work ... and if I understood your
> some previous answer, it is not supposed to work this way (at least now)

Ah, they got moved.

So the one you want for using a RADIUS attribute is this one:

https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/blob/v3.1.x/raddb/mods-available/ldap#L294

And the one you want for using an LDAP attribute is this one:

https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/blob/v3.1.x/raddb/mods-available/ldap#L300

-Arran

FreeRADIUS development team