Some Android smartphones send only accounting request

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Aug 19 16:10:48 CEST 2015

On 19/08/15 15:06, Riccardo locatelli wrote:
> I do not understand why radius-server does not require an access-request.
> in this way the nas sends only accounting-request and so can't be
> verified attributes radchek (I care that it control Simultaneous-Use)
> (all this only happens with some Android devices, Simultaneous-Use work
> with pcs)

That's not how radius works.

The NAS - wireless point, switch, VPN server, whatever - is responsible
for enforcing authentication and sending access-request to your radius
server.

I would mention CoA here, but it's clear you have a limited
understanding of RADIUS and I don't want to confuse you. The important
point is:

This is all up to the NAS.