rlm_counter in v3.1.x

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Fri Aug 21 15:33:58 CEST 2015

The width of the counter fields in rlm_counter has been increased to 64bits in v3.1.x.  When upgrading you will need to re-create the counter databases, or move to rlm_sqlcounter.

If anyone using rlm_counter has a huge issue with this, then let us know, and we'll determine a better upgrade path.

This is also mentioned in the v3.0.x -> v3.1.x upgrade document.

	https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/tree/v3.1.x/raddb

I suspect not many people use the GDBM based modules anymore, and that they're mostly vestigial.

-Arran