How does rlm_perl work with freeRADIUS 3?

Cornelius Kölbel cornelius.koelbel at netknights.it
Tue Aug 25 09:02:03 CEST 2015

Hello,

I have a question regarding rlm_perl.
I was using rlm_perl with FreeRADIUS 2 just fine.
Now I try to use rlm_perl with FreeRADIUS 3 on CentOS 7 and I am reading
this page.

http://wiki.freeradius.org/modules/Rlm_perl

Previously I set Auth-Type := Perl in the users file.

So, now I let my sites-enabled look like this:

authorize {
        preprocess

        digest
        suffix
        ntdomain
        #files
        perl

        if (ok || updated) {
                update control {
                Auth-Type := Perl

        expiration
        logintime
        pap
}

authenticate {
        Auth-Type Perl {
        perl
        }

But then I get an invalid location for if.
Ok, so I change it to

authorize {
   update control {
	Auth-Type := Perl
   }

But then I get an error in my authenticate section.

# Creating Auth-Type = Perl
/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/privacyidea[25]: "System" modules aren't
allowed in 'authenticate' sections -- they have no such method.
/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/privacyidea[21]: Errors parsing authenticate
section.

Did I miss anything in the description
http://wiki.freeradius.org/modules/Rlm_perl?

What are "System" modules?

Thanks a lot and kind regards
Cornelius

--
Cornelius Kölbel
cornelius.koelbel at netknights.it
+49 151 2960 1417

NetKnights GmbH
http://www.netknights.it
Landgraf-Karl-Str. 19, 34131 Kassel, Germany
Tel: +49 561 3166797, Fax: +49 561 3166798

Amtsgericht Kassel, HRB 16405
Geschäftsführer: Cornelius Kölbel