How do I install or upgrade to freeradius version 3.0.9 on Linux Ubuntu 14.04

Gugulethu Khumalo gkhumalo at bcnk.co.za
Thu Aug 27 09:26:32 CEST 2015

Good day,

I am new to freeradius and I have failed to install any of the versions
after 2.1.12 which currently installs when you run sudo  apt-get install
freeradius.It has been fine for introduction but now I have gotten to a
stage where I need help in troubleshooting and I realise from the site
http://freeradius.org that 1.1.x series is no longer maintained.I have
tried following some of the instructions on how to install  version 3.0.9
and other versions after 2.1.12 but they all fail eventually.

I will like to get help on how to successfully install version 3.0.9 on my
Ubuntu 14.04.Thank you.