sha512 format

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Fri Aug 28 06:54:51 CEST 2015

Howdy,

Building new radius setup, and in test bed using freeradius at present,
I see v3 uses SHA-2, great, it's what we are trying, but when inserting
into mariadb   $6$salt$foobarqwerty....  does not seems not to work
(clear text of course does but thats not an option in 2015) does it
expect it in some other format?

Our systems use perl and systems crypt to generate sha512 for database
thats used by dovecot, pureftpd and apache etc for long time, is there a
trick to get sha512 and freeradius to play nice?

Cheers