LDAP Clients and Dynamic Clients on 3.0

Peter Lambrechtsen peter at crypt.co.nz
Sun Dec 6 05:23:27 CET 2015

On Sun, Dec 6, 2015 at 1:50 PM, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com>
wrote:

> > Seems that Dynamic clients is loading the standard ldap group attributes.
>
>   Hmm... see the v3.1.x branch for better LDAP support.
>
> > Any objections if I align the clients section of the ldap module and
> > dynamic-clients with two options, either using standard schema and use
> the
> > group object with the L and OU attributes for Password and shortname. Or
> > using the radiusClient class.
>
>   I'd prefer that these changes go into v3.1.x.  We're trying to stop new
> development in 3.0, in order to make it stable.  So... only bug fixes and
> tiny features go into 3.0.

These are purely config changes in mods-available/ldap and
sites-available/dynamic-clients to align the two. As the ldap module talks
about the new object class for client loading, but dynamic-clients talks
about using standard schema.

> > I'll also fix the doc/schemas/ldap/edir/freeradius-clients.ldif as that
> > schema LDIF is busted and won't load into eDirectory.
>
>   OK, that's good for 3.0.

I've added a few more things, one ldif to remove the schema and a few
example LDIFs to show how the records should look.