Using FreeRADIUS with SQL backend and advanced configuration

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Dec 10 01:47:32 CET 2015

Hi,

> Could you possibly provide a more elaborate example than that? How do I
> differentiate between the different groups of requests? As the tables
> look like this:

http://wiki.freeradius.org/guide/SQL%20HOWTO

look at usergroup - that assigns a username to a group...the groupreply can then be used....
as just one example....

personally I wouldnt use most of the default bits because unlang is much better
for defining policy.....so you could use unlang to pull a group out of a DB
and then use unlang to pull out VLAN assignments based on eg username/MAC address
from another table and use those values...the power of %{sql:.....}

alan