Re: Pairing a network user to an SIP ID‏

fred diziel freddiziel at hotmail.co.id
Sat Dec 12 04:16:17 CET 2015

Hello all,

Thanks for the response mr. Alan,

 > I'm not sure what you mean by that.  The server authenticates users.  It doesn't care where the user comes from.

 > So, yes... the server will authenticate anyone who's using a known name and password.

I apologize if it's a bit confusing, what I mean is like this,

I have two user IDs, user A is used for the network, and user B is for the SIP ID.
Let's say the user is Alice, first, Alice will be authenticated and authorized to
use the network with user A ID.
After Alice is connected to the network, Alice then tries to connect to the SIP server with user A ID.
The sip server, in this case opensips who uses freeradius as its AAA server, will contact freeradius with the information of user A.
Then, freeradius recognize that user A is assigned to user B as its SIP ID, and freeradius proceed to reply with user B info to be used by Alice.
After Alice got the info of user B ID, then she changes its ID to user B, and retry to connect to opensips again.
Then freeradius authenticate and authorize as usual, finally Alice can use the SIP service.

is it possible to do this in freeradius?

Also, I apologize again for forgetting the server version, here is the server version
freeradius-server-2.2.9
opensips-2.1.1
ubuntu 12.04 lts

thank you for the responses