ERROR: Invalid vendor name in attribute name "radiusCheckItem"

Amir Tal amir at ccc.co.il
Sun Dec 20 16:43:30 CET 2015

Hi,

Using freeradius 2.1.12 on centos 5
Users are saved in LDAP, accounting data in MySQL.

We are looking to implement IP addresses allocation in radius, using Rlm_sqlippool.
Already implemented sql host with pool data (added sqlippool to /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default) , working as expected.

We do not want to add pool info the LDAP entries, but have the radius assign a pool according to other (existing) parameters.

Added the following to 'post-auth' of /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default (users with radiusReplyItem of certain type should get a radiusCheckItem with pool name):
        if ( radiusReplyItem =~ /fast/i ) {
                update request {
                        radiusCheckItem := "Pool-Name := test_pool"

Two issues exists with this :

1.       Condition is never met, even for users that have :

radiusReplyItem = "Framed-Pool:=fast"

2.       Cannot even start radius with this syntax, I get an error:

Sun Dec 20 17:37:41 2015 : Error: /usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[483]: ERROR: Invalid vendor name in attribute name "radiusCheckItem"

Sun Dec 20 17:37:41 2015 : Error: /usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[482]: Failed to parse "update" subsection.

Sun Dec 20 17:37:41 2015 : Error: /usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[479]: Errors parsing post-auth section.

How can this be used for 'radiusCheckItem' and 'radiusReplyItem' ? it this possible at all?

I'll be happy to provide additional info if needed, and/or example for user.

Amir.

[IMG]<http://www.ccc.co.il>
Amir Tal                [IMG]
System Administrator    +972 39201471   [IMG]
Cloud Systems Support   +972 39201442   [IMG]