3.0.10 and auth+acct type under the listen section

Peter Lambrechtsen peter at crypt.co.nz
Sun Dec 20 21:38:14 CET 2015

Hi

I'm working on an in-place rebuild of another radius product using 3.0.10
and noticed something very stupid that an upstream NAS is doing. It's going
to be a major challenge to get the upstream NAS corrected.

It's sending Auth & Acct messages on 1646.

I tried setting the type to auth+acct in the sites-enabled/default listen
section:

listen {
        ipaddr = *
        port = 1646
        type = auth+acct
#       interface = eth0
#       clients = per_socket_clients

But if I receive an accounting message on that port, it gets rejected:

Listening on auth+acct address * port 1646 bound to server default
Ready to process requests
Receive - Invalid packet code 4 sent to authentication port from client
Mobile port 50016
Ready to process requests

If I swap it back to acct then the Auth messages get rejected.

Any ideas on how to sort this?