MAC authentication using FreeRadius

Max .M mmourand at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 04:41:33 CET 2015

Hi everyone,

i'm looking in a way to set-up MAC authentication using FreeRadius and
MySQL and any help would be much appreciated :)

I have a scenario where multiple shops will have guest authenticating and
when someone register to their public wi-fi, we want their MAC to be stored
in the SQL database and do a check against it using MAC authentication on
the Aruba IAPs.

I guess I need to find a way to capture the Calling-Station-Id and store it
into a table into the database and then I need to do a check against it for
every MAC it receives as a "username and password'

Right now I can authenticate to my captive portal using FreeRadius + MySQL,
I can also enable MAC auth on my IAP and add a user with my phone's MAC
address as a username and password and it's working.

I'm really looking into a way to automate this :)

Thanks a lot