What else should radmin do?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Feb 4 16:36:27 CET 2015

  I’ve pushed some changes to radmin, which will be in the 3.0.7 release.  The changes make radmin work a little better, in that it now makes a distinction between STDOUT and STDERR.  Also, when a command fails, radmin will exit with an error:

$ radmin -e “help”
…
$ echo $?
0

  Versus:

$ radmin -e “no such command”
…
$ echo $?
1

  These changes were made possible by updating the underlying framework used by radmin and the server.  The result of these framework changes is that we can now exchange *anything* safely between the server and radmin.

  So… what would be useful to exchange?  We can’t do configuration changes, as the server can’t write to /etc/raddb.

  But we could do test packets, for example.

$ radmin “send packet X pretending to be from NAS 192.0.2.1”

  And get a response.  This means it would be possible to perform better tests on live systems.

  Any other ideas?