Problem - Duplicating IPs

Marcelo Santoro santoro.ice at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 13:37:22 CET 2015

Hi Friends…

I am facing a problem here in my ISP.

I have radippool configured in my freeradius 3.0.6 server and some times my customers are receiving Duplicated IP address,

Example 1:
==================
Customer: login1
IP 186.227.32.1
NAS: 1
Service: pppoe

Customer: login2
IP: 186.227.32.1
NAS: 2
Service: pppoe
==================

Example 2:
==================
Customer: login1
IP 186.227.32.1
NAS: 1
Service: pppoe

Customer: login2
IP: 186.227.32.1
NAS: 1
Service: hotspot
==================

Example 3:
==================
Customer: login1
IP 186.227.32.1
NAS: 1
Service: hotspot

Customer: login2
IP: 186.227.32.1
NAS: 2
Service: pppoe

This is what i detected …. but i don`t know how to solve that problem.

To fix fast… i created a php script that connect in my Mikrotik Routers and look for logins with duplicated IPs and disconnect these customers in case they exist.

But i have a delay of 3 minutes between checks, and while they are connected i have a “loop” in my network.

Please friends… how can i fix it ? Is there any configuration to be made in radippool configuration ?

Thank you friends.

Best Regards.