Solaris

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Feb 17 15:33:17 CET 2015

  Please don’t reply to the digest messages.  That makes it harder to tell what’s going on.

On Feb 17, 2015, at 9:25 AM, Sander Eerdekens <sander.eerdekens at uzleuven.be> wrote:
> Yes, but with the -Werror option that the configure script passes, all warnings are treated as errors.

  So…. edit Make.inc, and delete the -Werror.  The file is just text.

> Furthermore, Configure does not seem to set the RADIUSD_VERSION constant in /src/include/features.h and /src/include/autoconf.h
> RADIUSD_VERSION_STRING in these files were set to the correct version.

  That’s a problem.  configure sets RADIUSD_VERSION on all systems I have access to.

  I’ll put it down to Solaris being broken.

> One more comment: If I try to build 3.0.7 using the same settings as above,
> RADIUS_VERSION_STRING is set to 3.1.0,

  Then you’re not using 3.0.7.  You’re using the “master” branch.  Do:

$ git checkout v3.0.x

  and you will get the 3.0.7 source.

> and I get this error further on:
> symbol                             in file
> rad_suid_set_down_uid               build/objs/src/main/mainconfig.o
> ld: fatal: symbol referencing errors
> gmake: *** [build/bin/local/radiusd] Error 1

  What program is it trying to build?