Users file formatting

Jonathan Gazeley Jonathan.Gazeley at bristol.ac.uk
Wed Feb 18 13:53:34 CET 2015

Hi list,

This is hopefully a simple question. I've been using a simple users file
to authenticate a handful of users that don't exist in AD with entries
like this, which works:

test-account1        Cleartext-Password := "password",
MS-CHAP-Use-NTLM-Auth := no

I also want to have a couple of test accounts that are restricted to MAC
addresses.

test-account2           Cleartext-Password := 'password',
Calling-Station-Id == "00:11:22:33:44:55", MS-CHAP-Use-NTLM-Auth := no

However radius -XC bombs out with "Unexpected trailing comma in check
item list for entry test-account2"

According to the manpage for the users file, I've formatted it correctly
with commas between each check-item. I wondered if MS-CHAP-Use-NTLM-Auth
was a reply-item so I tried to move it onto its own line with a tab, but
this throws "Parse error (reply) for entry test-account2 (unknown error)"

Can anyone advise on how to format users entries like this, and even if
it is possible to require specific mac addresses in this way?

Thanks,
Jonathan