WPA2 Enterprise with Windows 7

HCC Lists hcc.lists at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 20:26:37 CET 2015

Hello

I am being thrown into a project head first and trying to get up to speed.

 From what I have read I need to have a certificate for using WPA2
Enterprise. I would prefer not having to go to each machine spread
geographically around a fairly wide area to install a CA certificate. Is
it possible to use a purchased certificate so that Windows 7 recognizes
it and will connect?

I think I only need one certificate for the RADIUS server, but still
unsure. Does it work with multiple SSID's from different AP's? What
about redundant RADIUS servers? Do I need a certificate for each?

I have googled and not seen anything definitive for these questions. I
will continue to search, but hopefully someone who has this sort of
setup working can answer those questions and I can carry on with getting
it setup.

Thanks
Michael