ldap responses in freeradius 3.0.4

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Thu Feb 19 20:52:49 CET 2015

> On 19 Feb 2015, at 14:41, Mark Williams <martialstudy at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> I use some custom linelogs in my own config which then go to syslog. I noticed that the radius.log actually has statements detailing the ldap responses to an auth attempt (invalid user, incorrect login, etc). I'd like to be able to use some similar messaging in my custom linelog. I browsed the rad_auth file and, while I'm not well versed in C, I was able to determine how the messages are being generated. I'd rather not have to code my own module to accomplish this however. Suggestions? Have I missed an attribute or run-time variable with the return code of an ldap request?

All error messages logged against a request get converted to request:Module-Failure-Message attributes.

They should start with the module prefix.

You can loop over them with foreach and either remove the ones you're not interested in, or copy them
to another attribute.

-Arran

FreeRADIUS development team