Usernames with escape sequences

James Sumners james.sumners at clayton.edu
Fri Feb 27 16:49:30 CET 2015

On 2015-02-27 15:28:32 +0000, A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk said:

> Hi,
>
>> authentication succeeds just fine. But if username is "foobar\tdoe"
>> then it gets expanded to "foobar    doe".
>
> looks very much like an old old bug. upgrade.  what version are you
> running? (you dont say)
>
> alan
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

```
$ yum info freeradius
Loaded plugins: langpacks, product-id, rhnplugin, subscription-manager
Installed Packages
Name        : freeradius
Arch        : x86_64
Version     : 3.0.1
Release     : 6.el7
Size        : 2.9 M
Repo        : installed
>From repo   : rhel-x86_64-server-7
```

So, the version included with RHEL 7. If this is a bug in the package,
I will take it up with Red Hat. Is there a Freeradius bugzilla I can
link to? I only brought this to the list because I haven't had any luck
whatsoever searching the Internet for information on it.