Publishing an EAP-TLS WPA2 Enterprise Setup Guide on the Wiki (Jasvinder S. Bahra)

Rui Ribeiro ruyrybeyro at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 21:19:09 CET 2015

Hi Jasvinder,

iPhone configurator has been indeed deprecated some while ago. It sort half
worked in iOS 7, and it  finally stopped being useful in iOS 8. At the
moment, only XCode is useful for that. Apple configurator is used in a
corporate setting, however last time I checked, it was only supported in a
handful of countries, and not here in Portugal. Someone more used to it can
comment.

As for the profiles, we are generating them with cat.eduroam.org, because
we are a university. However you also have available the service for free
at https://802.1x-config.org for a corporate setting.

Nevertheless, the profiles are essentially text files. So after generating
the first, you can keep it. I also believe you can download client
certificates never tried it. You just have to be aware that to download
profiles or certificates you have to use the native Safari and not other
browser.

I also wrote a tutorial to the Portuguese federation on implementing FR
2+EAP-TTLS+AD, that I will have to update to FR 3 and make a little more
presentable to distribute it widely.

Feel free to contact me if you need more ideas about the Apple profiles.

Regards,
Rui Ribeiro

--
Rui Ribeiro
Senior Sysadm

> Message: 2
> Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2015 10:30:37 -0000
> From: "Jasvinder S. Bahra" <bbdl21548 at blueyonder.co.uk>
>         <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org>
> Subject: Re: Publishing an EAP-TLS WPA2 Enterprise Setup Guide on the
>         Wiki
>
> Everyone,
>
> It looks like I posted too soon.
>
> My guide describes how to configure windows and android clients to connect
> to a WPA2 Enterprise wifi network.
>
> I had done some research into getting apple devices onto it, and I believed
> I had all the information necessary to get ipad's, iphone's and ipod's etc
> onto the network.  However, when I sat down to actually do so, I hit
> something of a brick wall.
>
> I believed all I needed to do was download a PC application from the apple
> website called the iPhone Configuration Utility (or iPCU), and use it to
> create a profile which configured the relevant devices wifi connection
> settings.
>
> It seems however, that the software has been deprecated - it hasn't been
> updated in years.  I can find no reference to it on the apple website.  It
> seems to have been replaced by an application named Configurator - which is
> only available for mac's.
>
> Does anyone know of a way to configure ipad's, iphone's and ipod's wifi
> settings, without tools such as iPCU or Configurator?
>
> Regards,
>
> Jazz

> End of Freeradius-Users Digest, Vol 117, Issue 5

Regards,