Freeradius 2.1.10 EAP-MD5 problem

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Sun Jan 4 16:22:46 CET 2015

Hi,

> Well, i have a little problem with freeradius. I have installed it on
> Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS. Here is my project. I want to make a radius
> server where users can use an username and password to logon on access
> points. But nothing more and nothing less. I have configured the radius
> server for EAP-MD5 authentification but when i try to test the

no. you've munged up your config pretty badly for it to fail that way.

sart with the default config...it will work..then edit it to remove the things
you arent using/dont need.

but to save you more wasted time EAP-MD5 cannot be used for WPA2-Enterprise wireless
authentication - for various reasons but the most basic is that the final access accept
wont have the required keying information (I'll leave the fact that clients dont do it for
your own discovery ;-) )

alan