VMPS with SQL

Keith Olsen keith.r.olsen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 00:14:46 CET 2015

Hello,

Just looking for some documentation/assistance with using VMPS with SQL. I have this working with the mac2vlan flat file, but SQL will make for a more eloquent solution.

I should mention that I have only very basic requirements, I only need to pass a vlan to a cisco switch, based on the mac address seen on the port. This is an isolated environment (for imaging systems), so security is not a concern.

A couple of questions:

1. I do not see any fields in the schemas that come with Freeradius for the mac address, simple enough to add somewhere, but wanted to make sure I’m not missing anything.

2. I have a very simple requirement, as I only need to map mac to vlan, can I just create/use a DB that only has these 2 columns (mac, vlan)?

3. What is the variable that sends back the vlan in the reply? from the VMPS virtual server config, I see %{VMPS-Cookie} for the MAC, but nothing for the vlan.  In the VMPS-VLAN-Name = , I have put the default vlan id, which provides a vlan, where there is not one matched to the mac in the mac2vlan file (I assume this is the way it’s supposed to work).

Thanks!

Keith