Working on ip pool, user group, profile and realm with mySQL

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Jan 13 16:51:45 CET 2015

On Jan 13, 2015, at 6:07 AM, Tevfik Ceydeliler <tevfik.ceydeliler at astron.yasar.com.tr> wrote:
> mysql> select *from radcheck ;
> +----+------------+--------------------+----+-------+
> | id | username   | attribute          | op | value |
> |  9 | freeradius | Cleartext-Password | =  | test  |

  Change the “op” from “=“ to “:=“.

> And here is output of "freeradius -XXX" command:

  Please use “-X”.  There’s no need to do “-XXXXXXXXXXX”

> Tue Jan 13 13:06:18 2015 : Info: [sql]     expand: SELECT id, username, attribute, value, op           FROM radcheck WHERE username = '%{SQL-User-Name}'           ORDER BY id -> SELECT id, username, attribute, value, op           FROM radcheck           WHERE username = ''           ORDER BY id

  There’s no SQL-User-Name.  If you run that SELECT statement manually (or read it), you would see that.

  The default configuration has a SQL-User-Name, and it works.  I have no idea what changed to break it.

  A short-term fix would be to edit the SQL queries in raddb/sql/mysql/….  to use %{User-Name} instead of %{SQL-User-Name}