Accounting response with attributes

Chandan Kumar chandan.kumar at noviflow.com
Wed Jan 14 18:23:34 CET 2015

Hello All,

I am using FreeRADIUS Version 3.0.4 on Linux (CentOS 6).

I have a question regarding how can I force radius server to add all
attribute information into accounting response message. The accounting
section of my site-available/default if as below.

accounting {

         detail
         unix
         -sql
         exec
}

I have customized the pam_radius_auth.so module to send Accounting
request messages to include more attributes such as
Acct-Terminate-Cause,Acct-Link-Count,Acc-authentic etc and expecting
response from server with attribute [with reason code] at the end of the
accounting [at the STOP message]. However, in all cases I am only
getting response message with code,identifier,length=20 and
response-authenticator.

I am wondering is there any configuration parameter that I missing or it
is not supported at all in this version of FreeRADIUS as RFC does not
make it mandatory. Quoting RFC "A RADIUS Accounting-Response is not
required to have any attributes in it."

Thanks
Chandan