Accounting response with attributes

Chandan Kumar chandan.kumar at noviflow.com
Wed Jan 14 20:47:52 CET 2015

On 01/14/2015 01:52 PM, Alan DeKok wrote:
> On Jan 14, 2015, at 12:52 PM, Chandan Kumar <chandan.kumar at noviflow.com> wrote:
>>>    Did you tell FreeRADIUS to add attributes to the response?
>> I am not sure about that. I am adding attributes in the start and stop message[from Linux client]. How to tell FreeRADIUS to add attributes to the response?
>    The server contains lots of documentation on how to do that.  See “man unlang”, or the hundreds of examples in the configuration files.
Thanks, I will browse through the examples and see if I could get it
work. Moreover, I was looking through old archive emails related to
"accounting response" and I found repetitively you mentioned that
sending attribute values in accounting response is not a good idea [for
compatibility purpose] even though RFC does not specificity bars it.
Being a novice in RADIUS I am not aware of other ways to pull these
information [such as Acct-Terminate-Cause (with reason
code),Acct-Session-Time and other attribute values ] from the FreeRADIUS
server, if I want to make my Linux client(NAS) to be compatible across
different RADIUS servers [FreeRADIUS and other RADIUS servers]