using external script in virtual server config

the2nd at otpme.org the2nd at otpme.org
Sun Jan 18 12:18:26 CET 2015

On 2015-01-18 04:29, Alan DeKok wrote:
> On Jan 16, 2015, at 1:32 PM, the2nd at otpme.org wrote:
>
>> Okay thanks for the explanation.
>>
>> Here is the configuration that works for me:
>>
>>       authorize {
>>                if (!control:Auth-Type) {
>>                        update control {
>>                                Auth-Type := `/usr/local/bin/otpme-auth
>> -l verify %{User-Name} %{User-Password} %{NAS-Identifier}
>> %{Client-IP-Address}`
>>                        }
>>                }
>
>   To be clear:  You’re setting the value of Auth-Type based on the
> script.

ok. my script returns "Accept" and "Reject" and it works without any
problems. but is it okay to use it this way to authenticate users with
an external script? are there any drawbacks using it this way and not
using the script/exec module?

i also found some hints about rlm_python and as my script is written in
python it may be a good idea using rlm_python. are there any benefits,
beneath better performance, using rlm_python?

regards
the2nd