using external script in virtual server config

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Jan 27 14:17:07 CET 2015

On Jan 27, 2015, at 3:56 AM, the2nd at otpme.org wrote:
> btw. rlm_python examples do not show how to handle mschap requests. it would be of much help to have an example.

  No.

  Read RFC 2548.  Or, the source code to rlm_mschap.  This is already available to you.

> the output of authData i send in my last mail is just what i receive from rlm_python. there is nothing i have invented. its just a "log authData" from within the authenticate() function

  Which is YOUR MODULE.  And YOUR PYTHON CODE.  i.e. something you invented.

  I’ll be clear.  I don’t wan to see that data.  I don’t know what “authData” is, and I don’t care.  You’re assuming that I magically know everything about what you’re doing, without you explaining it.

> i do use the output of radiusd -X but i have not posted it because it contains some sensitive information and you also never asked for it.

  That’s a ridiculous and offensive response.

  The FAQ, “man” page, and daily messages on this list, including my responses to you, ask for the debug output.  If you’re not going to follow instructions, I don’t see why you’re asking questions on this list.

> if you need it i'll get a complete debug output for one request, remove all sensitive information and send it to you.

  “if” I need it?  Really?

> but maybe this part is enough?

  No.

> and as soon as i get it working i'd like to extend the example module (if needed) and write down how to handle mschap requests using rlm_python. maybe i should add this to the freeradius wiki?

  No.

  The MSCHAP module already does MSCHAP.  There is NO REASON to have another module do it.